Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm back and here are my Week 3 and Week 4 updates. I am nearly finished with the detox and Saturday, August 18th is my last day. Yeah me!!

Week 3

This week I was able to add back meat; which meant chicken and tuna. That meant a lot more variety when it came to going out to eat. Still eating lots of rice and salads, only now I'm trying to eat more brown rice as it is a 'whole grain', while white rice is 'refined' and raises my blood sugar faster.

Water is still my best friend. I can really tell the difference on days when I don't drink enough. It makes me wonder how I ever survived on 8 oz a day.


Week 4

I am hungrier these days, so I am hoping that means my metabolism is speeding up a bit. I have managed to lose 5 lbs so far during the detox; and I'm down to 159 lbs. Went shopping last night and bought jeans a size smaller than I was wearing when I started the detox. And, most of my pants are fitting much looser these days! Woohoo! I have also gone down a notch in bra size.

Still can't get enough water! It makes me feel so good to be hydrated. I notice I can get crabby pretty darn quick if I don't get enough water. Watch out everybody!!

So, what was the point of giving up all those yummy foods? I now know that sugar gives me a headache, and makes me fat. I will start to slowly add back dairy and whole grain wheat items (I miss toast so much!!), and see what sort of reactions I have. I may stay off of dairy forever; but that would make eating ice cream pretty hard and I have missed that a lot!!

I may also stick to chicken/turkey/fish if I find out red meat doesn't agree with me. It can reak havoc on most people's digestion; yet it is a great source of protein and iron. Sacrifices are a part of life... sigh.

After I attend both of the weddings I am a part of I plan to go to DQ and have a Waffle Bowl Sunday! :)~

Thanks for stopping in. One of these days I'll try to post some before and after pictures. Can anyone show me how to do that? :)~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home