Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Babies!

Babies are everywhere... that's a fact. However; it seems that lately there are a lot of people having babies within the company I am working in. People that were newlyweds, seemingly yesterday, are popping out their first and second kids at lightning speed.

My 'baby' is now 13 years old. I love to hold 5 and 6-month olds and remember how it was when mine was that small. Sigh. I don't miss the waking up in the middle of the night with colic, or the not going to bed at all until very late- though those really didn't happen much to me. And, I don't miss the stinky pants 2-3 times a day. Bleh. But I do miss the way a baby needs you, and the way they hang on your every look and word. You are the center of their world, they love to be with you every minute of every day. It's a lot of responsibility, but it is also very, very rewarding.

That first word is the sweetest word you've ever heard. The first step is worthy of a standing ovation. When the child can dress himself/herself it's the beginning of a whole new chapter. Watching them grow and develop their own unique personalities, that are not so unlike your own, is really pretty neat.

I'm nearing 35 and I'm thinking that I want another child. I had my daughter so young I figured I'd want to have an 'adulthood' after she moved out; but I'm starting to change my mind. I have much more wisdom to impart to a young, blossoming mind than I did 13 years ago. Someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home