Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mommy moment

Growing up being the kind of kid that would do anything for anyone, just so they’d like me and include me, I’ve always worried my daughter would end up in the same type of relationships. So when in daycare, at the age of 4, my daughter’s ‘friend’ Danielle had her crawling on all fours playing doggie I got a little upset and had a talk with my daughter about people who say they’re your friends and then take advantage of you.

Now my daughter is almost a teenager. Thank goodness there are no more Danielles to have her crawling on all fours; now there are different, scarier threats out there… other teenagers. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not assuming all my daughters new friends are out to use her and take advantage of her, but I worry about it. This is a new school for her, she is making all new friends, and she likes to make people happy. I can only hope I have taught her well. I do trust her judgment… it’s just all the other kids I don’t trust. This is only because I don’t know them… yet. I plan on knowing as many of them as I can so that I can feel good about whom my daughter is hanging out with.

I’m not in Kansas anymore.

2 Comments:

At Oct 12, 2006, 1:11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

She is a great kid, with a good head on her shoulders.
She'll be fine :)

 
At Oct 20, 2006, 7:10:00 AM, Blogger Bizorelli said...

Thanks md, I know you're right. Things turned out alright after all. It turns out I am a hit with her friends at school. :) That's always a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home