Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The best gift... time

Gift (noun) 1 : a notable capacity, talent, or endowment2 : something voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation3 : the act, right, or power of giving.

This is the time of year when we give gifts to others to show them how we feel and how much they mean to us. We spend time listening them, and we do our best to find out what would make them happy so as to provide a memorable gift. I feel that the best part of receiving a gift is that someone spent their hard-earned time picking it out. I received a gift like this for Christmas this year. It brought tears to my eyes not so much for the gift itself, but for the fact that someone took the time to buy me something that I truly wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home